The email invitation for the official event launch of the Globe Ayala Land Run For Home 2010 is not for the weak of heart. Hmm… Okay, I went overboard on that one. ;) But hey, the invitation content really leaves one excited to be there and be among the first to know more about what is in it for participants in this second edition of this race. See why:
Five reasons why you don’t want to miss out on the run for the human race!
1. RUN AROUND MAKATI CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT
-Be one of the first ever to run around the Makati Central Business District. Run For Home 2010 will be the first run to use this route. It will start and end at the Ayala Triangle Garden. Imagine running through the beautiful Makati cityscape on a Sunday morning!
2. LIVE FACEBOOK ALERTS
-You know what else is awesome? If last year’s RUN FOR HOME was the first to use the ChampionChip, automatically and accurately tracking every runner’s race time, this year promises to be better as this chip can also post Facebook updates automatically. Another first!
3. 15 KM CATEGORY
-If 10KM is too easy for you but 21K too challenging, then the 15K route is perfect for you. From last year’s four distance categories, this year’s race will now have five namely, 3KM, 5KM, 10KM, 15Km and 21KM
4. FLIPPISH.COM LIVESTREAM
-The event will be broadcast live on the Run for Home website!
5. HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
-And of course, the best thing about Run for Home is that it’s not just a run. Every step you take is a step to a better world as RUN FOR HOME 2010 is for the benefit of Habitat for Humanity Philippines, a nonprofit housing ministry that works to eliminate poverty housing.
Great huh? And last night, a lot of other exciting details were made known to us. Let me share these to you:
GLOBE AYALA LAND RUN FOR HOME 2010
March 21, 2010
Makati Central Business District
Distances: 3km, 5km, 10km, 15km, 21km
1. THE TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE
– Participating runners each get an electronic timing chip that will track your moves and performance, auto-feed status updates to your Facebook account as you pass the finish line and allow you to get race pictures and analysis of your performance during the run.
– Within the same week as Run for Home 2010, you can download your race photos for free at http://www.globe.com.ph/run. Just type in your race number and you can find all photos with yourself in it.
– Competitive runners can also check their individual race results after the event, and get a detailed assessment of your running performance, e.g., your ranking vs. the total field of runners, your average speed during the race, your split times (time per lap/kilometer).
– And on race day, if your family and friends can’t be there to watch you live, they can watch a live streaming feed of the finish line by visiting www.globe.com.ph/run.
2. THE CAUSE: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Globe is donating a portion of the proceeds to Habitat for Humanity Philippines, with the common goal of building communities through volunteerism.
- The donation will be handed over to Habitat for Humanity on race day, March 21, at the Ayala Triangle Gardens in Makati City.
- Habitat for Humanity is a global organization dedicated to uplifting people’s lives by providing them affordable and durable housing. In partnership with Habitat for Humanity Philippines, Globe will support the construction of new housing units to address the need for resettlement of the informal settlers from the Pasig riverbanks, a project initiated by Kapit Bisig Para sa Ilog Pasig (KBIP). Run for Home 2010 will help fund the construction of houses in Bayanijuan sa Calauan, a 100-hectare resettlement community in Barangay Dayap, Calauan, Laguna. This initiative is part of the Ayala Group of Companies’ commitment to build communities for those in need.
- Globe has been working with Habitat For Humanity since its arrival in the Philippines in the year 2000. Globe and its employees have built homes in Taguig, Mandaluyong, Batangas, Cebu and Davao over the years.
3. THE ROUTE: THE MAKATI CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT
- Globe wanted to give the runners a unique experience by letting them pass through an area that is usually busy and congested, but which on race day will be reserved just for them.
- This will be the first ever running event to be held at the Ayala Triangle Gardens in the middle of the Makati Central Business District.
- There are 5 courses:
3km: Estimated to take 15 minutes to complete. <Download 3km route map>
5km: Estimated to take 30 minutes to complete. <Download 5km route map>
10km: Estimated to take 1 hour and 10 minutes to complete. <Download 10km route map>
15km: Estimated to take 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete.
21km: Estimated to take 2 hours and 20 minutes to complete. <Download 21km route map>
- The course has been checked for safety. It will feature water stations, paramedic teams and portable toilets along the way.
- There will also be a baggage deposit area at the race venue, and designated parking areas for participants and spectators.
4. AVAILABLE PARKING AREAS
5. REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Online registration is available at the Globe website www.globe.com.ph/run.
- Onsite registration is available from February 14 to March 5 at participating Globe stores :
a. Trinoma Mall
b. Greenhills Hub
c. Glorietta 3
d. SM Megamall Cyberzone
e. Alabang Town Center
f. SM Mall of Asia
g. Market! Market!
- After March 5, registration will only be available at these Globe stores:
– Trinoma Mall
– Glorietta 3
6. EVENT FEES:
- Just pay P550 to join the 3k and 5k, or P700 for the 10k, 15k and 21k.
7. EVENT FEE PROMOS (from February 14 to March 5):
- Buy a new Globe Tattoo Broadband stick for just P 895 at a Globe store. Once you’ve got the stick, visit a participating Globe store and present your Official Receipt; you’ll get your race kit for free!
- Register to Globe Duo for one month: It’s just P 399 if you’re a postpaid Globe user, and only P 450 if you’re on prepaid or Globe Tattoo. Once you’ve registered, just present the text message you received from Globe Duo, confirming you’re all signed up. You’ll get 50% off your race kit!
- Bring your friends and run as a group!
a. If you all want to run in the 3k or 5k:
For a group of 5, it’s just P2,200; you get 5 race kits.
For a group of 7, it’s just P2,750; you get 7 race kits.
For a group of 10, it’s just P3,850; you get 10 race kits
b. If you all want to run in the 10k, 15k or 21k:
For a group of 5, it’s just P2,800; you get 5 race kits.
For a group of 7, it’s just P3,500; you get 7 race kits.
For a group of 10, it’s just P4,900; you get 10 race kits.
8. RUNNER’S KIT CONTENTS:
The runner’s kit will include the following items:
- an environmentally-friendly singlet which is made from 100% recycled PET bottles and is being used for the first time ever in a Philippine running event.
– electronic running chip
– race bib number
– 20% discount coupon from New Balance (to be claimed at any Planet Sports Branch)
– Photovendo coupon
9. EVENT CALL TIME: