Hello folks! If you have done it all – ran all kinds of standard race distances from 3k to 42k and even ultramarathons and is looking for a different kind of running challenge, the Rogin-E Last Man Running Race is for you. Definitely not for the faint of heart but for those brave souls with endurance and speed!
Oh, but all those who run for fun wouldn’t have to feel left out! This event will also offer 5k and 10k race categories. Enough for us enthusiasts to run our own short distance race and afterwards, have the opportunity to witness the “Unbreakable” runner who will ultimately be declared as the “Rogin-E Last Man Running”.
So how does this Last Man Running Race go? When race director Edward Kho is explaining the mechanics to me, all I can just do is listen in awe and think that the ultimate winner will have to be one great runner, really great runner. Unbreakable Runner perhaps!
You see folks, participants to the Last Man Running race category will be made to run for a period of 7 hours. The 7 hours running duration will be sub-divided into 4 segments with each segment to be run with a minimum speed requirement:
1st 2 hours – minimum of 6mins/km pace
2nd 2 hours – minimum of 7mins/km pace
3rd 2 hours – minimum of 8mins/km pace
last hour – minimum of 9mins/km pace
Anybody who falls below the minimum pace requirement for each segment will have to be swept off the course by roving as well as strategically located race marshalls. Ah! Tough isn’t it? This race will definitely test each and every runner participant to the hilt.
And how much will one have to shell out just to experience this tough race? Not much, just a purchase of one bottle of Rogin-E multivitamins is enough. This also applies to the 5k and 10k race categories.
For more and “easier to refer to” details, see the summarized event details that I have patiently prepared for all of you. Read on!
Rogin-E LAST MAN RUNNING
5k/10k/Rogin-E Last Man Running Race
February 20, 2010
McKinley Hill, Taguig
I. REGISTRATION DETAILS:
Registration Fee: NONE
- A proof of purchase of any Rogin-E multivitamins bottle*
- Properly filled-out the registration form (which also covers a waiver of liability)
Additional Registration Requirement for those joining the Last Man Running Race Category:
- A copy of a race result page showing his name as proof of participation in a Full Marathon race (42.195km) or longer (ultra-marathon) held within the last 6 months prior to this event
- A certification from a physician indicating fitness to participate in an athletic competition
*Walk-in participants are welcome to join by purchasing their Rogin-E bottle at the registration booths.
1. Mercury Drug
- Trinoma Mall 1 on Jan 7 to 9, Feb 11 to 13 and Feb 18-19
- Glorietta 3 Makati on Jan 7 to 9, Jan 21 to 23, Jan 14, Jan 28 and Feb 4
- Market Market Global City, Taguig on Feb 4 to 6, Feb 11 to 13 and Feb 18 to 19
- SM Mall of Asia Mall 1 on Jan 14 to 16 and Jan 29 to 30
- SM North EDSA Main on Jan 21 to 23 and Feb 4 to 6
- SM Megamall B on Jan 15 to 16 and Jan 28 to 30
3. ROX in Bonifacio High Street from Feb 1 to 13 (3 to 8pm only)
II. RACE CATEGORIES:
- Rogin-E Last Man Running Race which is capped at 7 hours
III. GUN START:
- 5k : 6:00 am
- 10k : 5:45 am
- Rogin-E Last Man Running : 4:00 am
IV. RACE COURSE:
The 5k and 10k races will have separate race courses but will be terminating at the same finish arch.
The Rogin-E Last Man Running Race will be run around a much longer area and distance. One lap approximately covers 2.5km.
- The top male and female finihsers for the 5k and 10k races will receive a cash prize:
5k Top Male/Female Finisher : P5,000 each
10k Top Male/Female Finisher : P10,000 each
- For the Rogin-E Last Man Running category, there will only be one winner: The ULTIMATE RUNNER who has covered the longest distance in a span of 7 hours!
At the end of the endurance race, the Rogin-E Last Man Running will be awarded and will be given a cash prize of P50,000.
VI. Download the REGISTRATION FORM to view more details about this race.
Note: Plagiarism is a shameful act.