Below is the official announcement/reminders from Runrio, Inc. in relation to tomorrow’s Run United 2 race. Read well.
We look forward to seeing all 16,000 participants of the Runrio Trilogy Leg 2: Run United 2 race event tomorrow, August 21, 2011 at the Bonifacio Global City.
Meanwhile, as we complete all preparations for the delivery of this awesome event, we would like to share these last blast of reminders to all participants:
1. ASSEMBLY AND GUN START TIMES:
2. ROUTE MAPS: DOWNLOAD HERE THE PDF VERSION
3. BAGGAGE AREAS:
We discourage everyone from bringing valuables to the race and from checking-in bags in the baggage areas with valuable items in it. Runrio, Inc. will not be responsible for the loss of these items in case such happens.
4. SPECIAL REMINDERS FOR 500m DASH FOR KIDS PARTICIPANTS AND THEIR PARENTS/GUARDIANS:
- Parents are encouraged to fill-in the important details at the back of their kid’s bib number prior to the race.
- Parents needs to surrender the kids at the 500m Dash for Kids START AREA where both the kid participant and the parent/guardian will be given identical “hospital” tags for identification.
- Ushers are available to take care of the kids once they are surrendered by their parents until such time that they are claimed.
- After crossing the FINISH LINE, kids will be brought by the ushers to the 500m Dash for Kids holding tent where the parents can claim them by showing their tag which is identical with that of their kid. Please wait for the kids to be brought to the holding tent first before claiming your kid for safety and security.
5. RUNRIO REUSABLE TIMING CARD: Participants are reminded not to forget to bring their Runrio Timing Card to the race as this will be used. Those who were not issued new cards are expected to still have the cards issued to them at the previous Rexona Run 2011 race and use the same for this race.
6. 21KM FINISHER’S SHIRT AND MEDAL:
All 21km finishers will receive a Finisher’s Shirt and Medal like the ones shown below. All YELLOW bib holders can receive their medal and shirt upon crossing the finish line on event day while PINK bib holders will have to claim their medal and shirt on a date that we (Runrio, Inc.) will be announcing once the supplier delivers the medals and shirts to us. Claiming mechanics and date will be announced both here at the www.runrio.com site and at the Runrio Inc. FB page.
PINK bib holders are also being reminded to keep their bibs as they will be required to present this during claiming. No bib, no medal and shirt.
We all look forward to providing you with a great race tomorrow. Rest well and see you at the starting line!
After careful deliberations until late last night, a new (but positive) decision has been reached. Read the official announcement coming from Runrio, Inc. and be guided runners!
Thank you for your overwhelming response to the Runrio Trilogy Series. As you all know, we have already closed registration for the Runrio Trilogy Leg 2 – Run United 2 21km slots even before the late registration period started. Like many of you, we at Runrio are really awed with how many runners have now leveled-up to running longer distances.
Fortunately, we have received approval to open a total of 500 additional slots for the 21km race category. Please refer to the following details for your guidance:
1. There will be 500 additional slots to be opened for 21km
2. These slots will be opened for registration starting Monday, August 15 at the following venues:
- RUNNR, G/F Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City (12:00 pm to 8:00 pm)
- Planet Sports Trinoma – 2/F Trinoma Mall, North Ave., cor. Pagasa, QC. (12:00 pm to 8:00 pm)
- The Athlete’s Foot Galleria – 3/F Robinsons Galleria, Edsa cor. Ortigas Ave., QC.
* 500 slots will be distributed to the 3 registration venues
4. Registrants for the additional 21km slots will not be able to receive a Finisher’s Medal and Finisher’s Shirt upon finishing the race. Instead, they will be asked to claim it on a later date the schedule and details of which will be announced later.
We would like everyone to know that we are doing this to give everyone a chance to be able to complete the Runrio Trilogy 2011 as they have hoped and prepared for.
Again, we thank you for your overwhelming support of Runrio races especially the Runrio Trilogy Series of races.
Have fun running!
Filed under: announcement, Race, running | Tagged: run united 2 additional 21km slots, run united 2 runrio trilogy leg 2, runrio trilogy leg 2 additional 21km slots, runrio trilogy leg 2 run united 2 additional 21km slots, rununited 2 | 2 Comments »