Discovery Channel, for the second year, brings to us this different running challenge – the VERTICAL RUN 10K race eventon February 12. If you are one of the many who would like to be able to try something different with regards to running races, this event is definitely for you! The 10k race category of this event will have runners run a route for about 9.5 km, go up and down 21 floors of the Stamford Executive Residences building (19 floors plus parking levels), and then complete the 10km with a 500m run to the finish. If this isn’t a great challenge, I do not know what else is!
Read on for the details below to know the extent of challenge that will be in-store for participants.
And SURPRISE! Discovery Channel has given me TEN (yes, 10!) RACE KITS that I can raffle off for 10 lucky readers of this blog. Read the blog promo mechanics below.
Discovery Channel Vertical 10K Run
February 12, 2012
Stamford Executive Residences for Vertical 10K,
Venice Piazza Mall, McKinley Hill, Taguig City
Registration period: Dec 21, 2011 to Feb 5, 2012
Registration sites: RUNNR, ROX, selected Aquabest branches,
Online Registration site: http://www.verticalrun.com.ph
3km – P500
5km – P650
Vertical 10K – P1000
* There is an on-going Register 1+1 promo so everyone is encouraged to register in pairs to be able to avail of this promo.
Beneficiary: Earth Hour 2012
Finishers will have Finisher’s Shirts:
Top winner will represent the country in the vertical marathon at the Swiss Hotel the Stamford Singapore on November 2012.
FREE RACE KIT CONTEST MECHANICS:
1. Ten (10) Discovery Channel Vertical Run race kits are to be raffled-off in this blog (with one person winning one race kit).
2. To gain a raffle entry, one must post an answer to this question: “What personal activities/practices do you have that you believe contributes to the world being awesome?“
3. Answers must be posted as a comment to this blog.
4. One person, one comment/answer only. Those who will post more than one answer will be disqualified.
5. Comments/posts which do not answer the posted question will be deleted and will not be entitled to a raffle entry.
6. Answers can be posted from today, January 27 until Sunday, January 29 at 8PM.
7. Winners will be determined via a raffle using randomizer.org.
8. Winners will be announced by Monday, January 30 and will also be notified via email (so please do indicate your email address in your comment) on how they will be able to claim their prize.
9. Race kit that will be received as a prize is transferable but cannot be exchanged for cash nor is it for sale.