“Last year’s Rexona Run was all about ADVENTURE, this year it will be all about PERFORMANCE.” This statement by Ms. Cindy Melocoton, UNILEVER Marketing Manager, set the bar of expectations for this year’s edition of the REXONA RUN 2012. Already on it’s third year of staging, the said racing event is slowly becoming a niche event in the running community as it has begun to be known to always present/offer something new to its loyal runner participants every year that the race is held.
This year, here are some of the exciting new features/offerings that are in store for runner participants:
- a new category, the 21k Relay which is designed to inspire 5K and 10K runners to raise their level by taking part in the more challenging 21K race, where a team of 2 runners will run a relay for them to finish the 21K distance
- a special token – the commemorative Rexona Run 2012 Key Chain will be awarded to finishers who manage to beat the recommended finishing time for a challenge. To qualify, 5K runners must cross the finish line 30 minutes after gun start at 6:20am, and all 21K participants need to finish within 2 hours at 7:00am.
- the Rexona Run Outrun Yourself App – created to help runners train and commit to a faster finishing time, this application can be downloaded for free via the Rexona Men Facebook page. The app will help runners set a target time for the category to be run courtesy of a running playlist and occasional voice over as their time check, which they can listen to while training. During the actual run, the app can also be used to help runners set their pace.
- the deployment of the Rexona Run 2012 Volunteer Pacers who will help ensure that each participant keeps within their target finishing time. Pacers shall be deployed for each race category.
Excited much? You may want to check out the complete race details from my previous post HERE.
Interested to be a Rexona Run 2012 Volunteer Pacer? Here are the mechanics on how you can be one:
1. Volunteer Pacers must be experienced runners in the category that they are signing up for.
2. One volunteer pacer will be needed for each of the following categories and target finish times:
- 5km race category with a target finish time of 30 minutes
- 5km race category with a target finish time of 25 minutes
- 5km race category with a target finish time of 20 minutes
- 21k Individual race category with a target finish time of 2 hours
- 21k Individual race category with a target finish time of 1 hour and 55 minutes
- 21k Individual race category with a target finish time of 1 hour and 50 minutes
- 21k Individual race category with a target finish time of 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 21k Individual race category with a target finish time of 1 hour and 40 minutes
- 21k Relay with a target finish time of 2 hours
- 21k Relay with a target finish time of 1 hour and 55 minutes
- 21k Relay with a target finish time of 1 hour and 50 minutes
- 21k Relay with a target finish time of 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 21k Relay with a target finish time of 1 hour and 40 minutes
3. To apply/volunteer, kindly email the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Rexona Run 2012 Volunteer Pacer“:
- your name
- your age
- the race category and finish time you are volunteering as pacer for
- your 5 most recent races wherein you finished in the race category you are volunteering for
- your finish time for each of the five races
- your personal best time for that race category
4. All applications for volunteer pacers will be screened and assessed based on the following qualities:
- whole-hearted willingness to provide pacer duties to Rexona Run 2012 participants
- an experienced runner capable of running under a pace that will enable the Rexona Run 2012 participants finish in their chosen target finish time
5. Acceptance (or rejection) of an application to be a volunteer pacer will be the sole right and decision of RunRio, Inc. as the race organizer.
6. Those who will be chosen as Rexona Run 2012 Volunteer Pacers will be announced at http://www.runrio.com, RunRio FB page and on this blog.
7. The official Rexona Run 2012 Volunteer Pacers will be entitled to the following:
- FREE Rexona Run 2012 race kit under the category that they will be providing pacer duties on
- Finisher’s giveaways that are available under that particular race category (same entitlements as that of a registered runner)
- FREE Rexona Run 2012 Volunteer Pacer Shirt
That’s it folks! So whether you would like to be a runner participant or a volunteer pacer for this race, the partnership of Rexona and RunRio, Inc. would like to encourage you to take on the challenge to OUTRUN, DEFY and SURPASS yourself.
See you on August 12 at the SM Mall of Asia for the Rexona Run 2012!
Filed under: Race, running Tagged: | rexona 2012, rexona fun run, rexona fun run 2012, rexona race, rexona race 2012, rexona run 2012, rexona run 2012 defy yourself, rexona run 2012 outrun yourself, rexona run 2012 surpass yourself, runrio