AVON, the company for women, continues its breast cancer crusade this year with the 20th edition of its Kiss Goodbye to Breast Cancer (KGBC) campaign.
The said campaign was launched last August 15 at the GMA7 Studio 7 led by no less than Avon Philippines President and General Manager Kanwar Bhutani, GMA7 Chairman and CEO, Atty Felipe Gozon and GMA 7 Celebrity Sarah Lahbati who incidentally is the new KGBC campaign advocate. The launch was characterized by the unveiling and a kick-off of the “Let’s Walk the Talk” tours which will mainly focus on helping “build a community where people understand that the best way to fight the disease is through early detection and awareness.”
The tours will cover educational sessions on how to do self-breast examinations, free breast examinations by attending physicians and “opportunities to get to know the disease more through poignant stories and experiences from survivors.”
Aside from the kick-off at the GMA7 last August 15, the tour has since then went to AVON Las Pinas last August 20 to 22 and at AVON Taft last August 27 to 29. If you are interested to take part on this campaign, the next tour schedules are as follows:
- September 3 to 5 – AVON Shaw
- September 10 to 12 – AVON EDSA
- September 27 to 30 – SM Cebu (off-site)
- October 25 to 28 – SM Davao (off-site)
Finally, for us runners and walkers, the Kiss Goodbye to Breast Cancer Series of tours will culminate with the annual WALK AND RUN EVENTS. Read on for the details:
AVON’S WALK AND RUN EVENTS
October 21, 2012
SM Mall of Asia Open Grounds
walk/5km run/10km run
REGISTRATION FEES/PURCHASE REQUIREMENTS:
– Purchase the 2012 KGBC T-Shirt for only PHP 220 from an AVON Representative beginning Sept. 1
– For every shirt purchased, Php20 will be donated to the Philippine General Hospital Breast Care Center and selected provincial hospitals.
5km – PHP 500
10km – PHP 650
– Run Events’ registration fee comes with an Avon KGBC Race Kit which is inclusive of a singlet, race number and give-away.
– Proceeds from these events will go to the PGH Breast Care Center and selected provincial hospitals.
* Individuals may also show their support for the cause by purchasing the AVON Ultra Color Rich Brilliance Lipstick, with part of the proceedsaw ( earmarked for the breast cancer fund.
1. AVON Branches: (from now until October 13)
– Makati Head Office (864-2638)
– Taft (516-8001 to 06)
– Shaw (571-8937 / 541-8933)
2. Royal Sporting House (from now until October 13)
Glorietta 4, Makati
3. R.O.X. Store (from September 26 to October 14)
Bonifacio High Street
2012 KGBC T-Shirt Sample (as worn):
SINGLET SAMPLE (as worn):