Toby’s Sports wants to grant your Holiday wish!
Go to ANY Toby’s Sports branch now and take a photo of you with your DREAM ITEM and the thought balloon provided in the store! Post the picture on Toby’s Sports’ fan page (facebook.com/tobyssportsstore) and get a chance to WIN Php5,000 worth of sports items. You could also BE a SANTA to your friend by giving him/her Php1500 worth of GCs! Join now!
Get your next RUNNING SHOE, APPAREL or ACCESSORIES for FREE! Simply join the What I Want to Run Away With this Christmas promo by dashing to any RUNNR store nationwide. Take a photo of you with the race bib provided in the store and any item that you wish to have. Pose that photo on RUNNR’s fan page (facebook.com/RUNNRPhils). Who knows, you just might take your dream running item home! READY, GET SET, GO!
Nowadays, more and more runners are turning into passionate supporters of barefoot running. As they say, going barefoot is like going back to basics, moving as nature intended us to.
However, the times, technology and current environmental conditions have made wearing shoes an essential part of people’s lives. There are a lot who would like to reap the benefits of barefoot running but are not confident on doing away with the protection that a shoe gives to the feet.
Luckily, minimalist shoes are now developed to closely mimic being barefoot like the ones from the best barefoot/minimalist shoe brand in the market – VIBRAM FIVE FINGERS or VFFs.
The VFFs have been locally available since September 2010 and from then until now, I have been a happy recipient of two VFF models, the latest of which is the VFF Speed.
The VFF Speed , as I have read from http://www.e-outdoor.co.uk, is said to have been “built on the popular Bikila platform”. Although it was said to be designed for the casual wearer, the Speed’s soles are similar to the VFF Bikila’s running-specific padded soles which makes it perfect for running too!
For those wanting to go further, here are the technical specs/features of the VFF Speed:
- 5.9 oz each/ 11.8 oz a pair
- Lightweight mesh upper – shoes with breathable upper are perfect for running even during hot/sunny weather
- 2mm Dri-Lex covered polyurethane insole (thickest under the ball)
- 4mm anatomical pod outsole design (Bikila sole)
- Secure 10 hole lace design – the lacing technology can accommodate a wide range of foot widths and instep heights
- Machine Washable. Air dry away from sun and source of heat.
Will I recommend this shoe to others? My answer will have to be a YES! Aside from the many benefits a Vibram Five Fingers barefoot shoe has in-store for its wearer, the Speeds are great for anyone because:
- It is perfect as a casual shoe, they actually will pass-up as a pair of sneakers (thanks to the lace and design of the upper)
- It is available in very interesting colorways – mine is the black and white color combination but other interesting color combination, all perfect for casual dressing, are available.
- Perfect for leisurely walking as it is very comfortable.
Lastly, if you are seriously looking at the Speeds for sports/active wear, then go ahead and try it! There isn’t any reason that the Speeds will not perform superbly for running, cycling, exercising just like the other VFF models do.
Learn more about the Vibram Five Fingers – Speed and other models by visiting http://www.vibramfivefingers.com.
Filed under: Ad, Gear | Tagged: five fingers, vff, vibram, vibram five fingers, vibram five fingers 2012 summer collection, vibram five fingers bikila, vibram five fingers bikila ls, vibram five fingers fresca, vibram five fingers speed | Leave a Comment »