Hello All! Here is an update from the organizers of the Karera Lakas Pilipinas event:
The Philippine Marine Corps together with the LakasPilipinas Team, is organizing an event that serves as an advocacy on health and fitness. This will happen on August 25 this year in time with National Heroes Day celebration.
The event is entitled KARERA LAKAS PILIPINAS, Tibay ng Marino Lakas ng Pilipino and shall be held at at the Philippine Marine Corps Camp Gen. Gregorio Lim Marine Base in Ternate Cavite. This is the first time that the training grounds of the Philippine Marine Corps will be open to the public.
Funds raised in this event shall be used for the MARFIT (Strength and Conditioning Program) as well as WOUNDED WARRIOR’S RECOVERY and REINTEGRATION PROGRAM. Philippine Marine Corps has been the subtle pillars of the country since time immemorial. As the force of choice, every marine silently perform task without reservation and regard of their own lives.
A serendipitous and unsung hero of our country is hoping for your support. Fitness is a great equalizer – both military and civilian needs to be fit in order to have a balanced and productive life. This is what the race is all about.
The Astig – 5km run + 20 obstacle courses
The Bangis – 200m open water swim + 10km bike + 5km run + obstacle course
The Bayani – Special category for uniformed personnel – Coast Guard, PNP, AFP, BJMP, Cadets of PMA, MAAP, PNPA, etc
Registration is on-going with early bird rates extended until July 31, 2013. For big groups, we offer “Register 10, Get 1 Free“
We have a booth that is manned by our marine brothers and sisters from 5:30pm till closing, at 3rd Floor of R.O.X. and will be setting up in RUNNR by next week.
We are also working with Residencia Boracay to facilitate onsite payment at their QC Office (Rm 303, U.P Bahay ng Alumni, Magsaysay St., University of the Philippines Campus, Diliman, QC) by next week.
For more details, please contact our Race Director, MS XHI T TABALAN – 0918.935.7370 or or RISSA 0917.701.0722
Last night’s launch for the Active Health Runner’s Summit provided everyone a clearer understanding of what it is all about. Let me share to you some key points which I was able to capture from last night which are enough reason why you should believe me when I say that it is worth attending!
1. This first-ever Runner’s Summit is a collaboration of passionate athletes/enthusiasts together with experts to come up with an activity which will take progressive athletes beyond physical training and beyond what they were able to informally learn from others and the internet.
2. The summit is a whole day demo and lecture session which is to be presented in an engaging manner where participants are not just expected to sit and listen.
3. Once you sign-up, you are entitled to attend the three (3) modules, with the following course outlines:
- Runner’s Machine by the UST Sports Science Department : all about understanding your body as your “machine” for running
- Runner’s Fuel by NutriFit Philippines: know how to effectively fuel your “running machine” before, during and after a race
- Beyond Running by Kim Atienza: a motivational talk that will give you inspiration and how to find the sheer will and determination in your heart at times that your running machine, although fueled, is not functioning as you have endeavored it to be.
4. For a Php1,500 entry fee, you get to attend these 3 modules plus enjoy the following inclusions:
- a comfy and perfect summit venue which is the Unilab Bayanihan Center
- AM Snack, Lunch, PM Snack
- a Runner’s Summit Kit inclusive of an ID, presentor hand-outs, notebook, pen
- a Sports Pack
- an Active Health Token
Best of all, you get to be 1 of only 500 runners privileged to attend this first ever summit for runners! Learn everything you need to know, acquire reliable answers to your questions and be armed not just with the skill but also the knowledge on how to not only conquer the distance but also respect it enough to properly prepare for it.
For the longest time now, I have been toying with the idea that will gather runners in one venue for a whole day where they will all not train, but will get to learn more about the science and what else there is to know about running which we all cannot acquire no matter how we train. Basically, it is something like a “Learn to Run Better” thing.
It has been some kind of a dream which will take somebody with the right means to achieve. Happily, Unilab Active Health thought the same way too! They said that they would like to offer the running community something beyond race events, one that will educate and engage runners to running better, running more effectively and most especially running wiser. SWAK DI BA?
This one is for the runners and believe me, as this is the first time that anybody is ever doing this – a summit with an expo on the side, it is really something too good to pass on!
Read on now for the initial details to know more about what I am saying. Cheers!
ACTIVE HEALTH RUNNER’S SUMMIT
Date: August 17, 2013
Time: 8:00am To 5:00pm
Venue: Jose Y. Campos Hall, Bayanihan Center
Address: 8008 Pioneer Street, Kapitolyo,
Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines
DO IT RIGHT. EXCEED YOURSELF.
BACKGROUND: The Active Health Runner’s Summit is a whole day learning program for runners aspiring to become better with top coaches, sports medicine experts, and sports nutritionist. Sessions includes running physiologies and proper sports nutrition.
OBJECTIVE: To help the running community progress to longer distances.
PRESENTED BY: ENERVON ACTIV
TARGET PARTICIPANTS: Runners who are planning to run longer distances in their future races or joining RUPM.
SUMMIT MODULES: (There will be Q&A sessions after each Module)
- RUNNER’S MACHINE (Speaker: UST Sports Science Department)
- Physiology and Biomechanics of Running
- Conditioning for Running
- Injury Prevention Techniques
- RUNNER’S FUEL (Speaker: NUTRIFIT Philippines)
- Everyday Eating for Active People (Know your Macro & Micronutrients & Fluids)
- The Science of Eating for Sport Success (Fueling Before, During, & After Long Distance Running)
- BEYOND RUNNING (Speaker: Mr. Kim Atienza)
- Motivation for Endurance Runners
- Mental Fitness Preparation Techniques
SUMMIT SPEAKERS: (There will be Q&A sessions after each Module)
RUNNER’S MACHINE: UST Sports Science Department
RUNNER’S FUEL: NUTRIFIT Philippines
REGISTRATION PERIOD: July 17 to August 10, 2013
REGISTRATION FEES AND INCLUSIONS:
ONLINE REGISTRATION SITE:
For more details: Visit http://www.unilabactivehealth.com or http://www.enervonactiv.ph
Like us on Facebook: Unilab Active Health
Event organizer: Zero-In Concept and Productions
For inquiries: Email email@example.com
For sponsorship queries: Email Jennifer Maliwanag (Organizer) at firstname.lastname@example.org