Happy New Year everyone!
The second day of the year 2012 is now about to end in a couple of hours and here I am finally able to sit down and contemplate about the year that was – 2011.
The past year opened a slew of opportunities for me – career-wise and in almost every aspect of my life. Even my running blog and my continuing stint with RunRio, Inc. opened up a lot of new and exciting things for me. Everything about it gave me a tough time too, as I have to carefully balance my time to be able to do all these things and still have enough quality time left for family.
Through all these, I am so truly thankful as the benefits I received far outweighed the challenges and disappointments. Late as it may seem, I would like to give my deepest gratitude and sincerest Thanks to:
1. All of you who unselfishly took time to visit my blog and read my posts.
2. To my fellow runner-bloggers whom I have just gotten to know in 2011 and have thankfully become my chums in the process. You guys have increased my not-so big population of friends.
3. To my runner-friends who never failed to remind me that I should be on my feet – running, and not just working my a*s off in the office or in the races.
4. To the running gear suppliers/brands who with full confidence provided me samples of their products for me to try-out and provide feedback on.
5. To my race-organizer friends who believed that me, my skills and my blog can be helpful in spreading word about the races they are holding.
6. To my friends at RunRio, Inc. for formally welcoming me as part of the RunRio family (albeit, on a “part-time” capacity).
7. To Princess Galura who gave me my first ever break in “digital media consulting”. You know that I learned (and is continuously learning) a lot from you!
8. Lastly, I would like to thank all of you runners for being such an inspiration. Everytime I see one person run, I always never fail to feel so glad that there is yet another person who finally decided to get off that couch and lead an active lifestyle. I will always be in support of all of you in whatever capacity I may be able to do so.
With all these thankfulness is my fervent wish to be able to do more running this year. Hopefully, as work life gets to be more manageable and the digital media tasks becomes more stable, I will be able to seriously devote more time to what I have originally have been here for – to RUN.
Happy 2012 everyone and I look forward to running with all of you soon!