When good friend Princess asked me to help in gathering running bloggers for the Condura Skyway Marathon 2011 Blogger’s Launch, I said yes without even giving it much thought. Why? Because I know I can get enough confirmation to fill in the fixed number of blogger slots they have given me.
And of course I did! This is after all a launch for one of the premier races in the country. Everyone is so looking forward to being a part of this race!
At the launch, the Condura Team headed by the amiable Mr. Ton Concepcion presented to the bloggers their vision and plans for the Condura Race. He also at first explained that starting this year, the Condura Run will be rebranded and hence be known as the Condura Skyway Marathon which I think is just rightfully so. This is the only race which has the very challenging Skyway as its main route for its 21k and 42k participants and for this year, for 10k and 16k (new category too!) participants.
The race details may be too familiar to all you folks at this point – what with all the details presented at its best via the race’s official website, my previous blog post and that of the other bloggers. What I would want to point out to you then are some salient points that were discussed during the launch that may not be in the websites. Read on!
1. With the race’s rebranding from Condura Run to Condura Skyway Marathon, organizers have started to take steps into positioning this race as the “premier marathon event in the Asia-Pacific Region” by the year 2012. Imagine this race besting the likes of Standard Chartered Singapore, Hongkong and Kuala Lumpur Marathons! I am super excited with the thought!
2. This year’s race main advocacy was for the Dolphins of Pamilacan, Bohol. Through Ayala Foundation, the Condura Run 2010 was able to donate PHP511,400 which was used in the construction of the Condura Wharf which is intended to be used for the easy and safe boarding of bancas for dolphin watching.
3. The Condura Skyway Marathon 2011′s main advocacy isn’t much different from the last race. It is still for the dolphins of Bohol and again donation will be made through the Ayala Foundation. The estimated PHP600,000 targetted to be raised for this event will be used in funding to protect the dolphins of Baclayon thru scientific research, the promotion of eco-tourism and the creation of livelihood opportunities.
4. The previous races saw the initial run on the Skyway without lights during early morning. The organizers discovered that by 5AM, lights are the Skyway are automatically turned-off. So for this race, organizers have already coordinated with the Skyway Authorities for the lights to be on early morning on race day when it is still dark. All of these for the utmost protection of the runners.
5. This race aims to gather 12,000 runner participants.
6. Registration deadline is January 31, 2011 and January 22, 2011 for online registration whose payment is via credit card. This is to give ample time for the race kits to be delivered to credit card payees.
7. International Registrants can pick up their race kits at the Asics Store, in GreenBelt 3 up to February 5, 2011.
8. The team behind Condura Skyway Marathon 2011 is composed of:
- Condura Events Management Group
- Princess Galura
- Rio de la Cruz (Runrio)
- EKC + SME + The team behind Ironman
Could I just shamelessly claim that I am part of this group even on a limited capacity??? Oh, but still I am part of it and as Princess and Ton said, we should be proud!
Oh after the main program and the sharing of the sumptous meal, all us bloggers were taken to the Condura Skyway Marathon 2011 Express Registration Center in Greenbelt 3 infront of the Asics Store. Everyone had an experience on how it is to use the breakthrough e-Reg System and were one in saying that they were done with the whole process in more or less five (5) minutes. I bet those who went over five minutes can blaim it to the endless photo sessions and chika galore! I wasn’t able to try Step 1 because excited as I am, I already finished with online registration on Day 1. Oh but take note, I finished the online registration in less than 3 minutes. I type fast eh! ;P
Let me now share to you all some pictures that I took during the said blogger’s night. But hmm, before I end – I received advise that the Express Reg Center space in GB3 was expanded in anticipation to the growing number of registrants especially this coming weekend. Great eh?
To register, either visit http://conduraskywaymarathon.com or go to the Express Registration Center at Greenbelt 3, infront of the ASICS Store. The Center is open during mall hours.
Thanks to the Condura Skyway Management/Secretariat fro making this event possible.
Filed under: launch, Race, running | Tagged: condura, condura 2011, condura marathon, condura marathon 2011, condura race, condura race 2011, condura run, condura run 2011, condura run for the dolphins, condura run for the dolphins 2011, condura skyway marathon, condura skyway marathon 2011, condura skyway race, condura skyway race 2011, condura skyway run, condura skyway run 2011, run for the dolphins, run for the dolphins 2011, run for the dolphins condura skyway marathon, run for the dolphins condura skyway marathon 2011 | Leave a comment »