This year’s edition of the Condura Skyway Marathon is a celebration of six glorious years of running to do good!
From its initial race which aimed to help raise funds for the Tubattaha Reef in 2008, to efforts to help the advocacy to save the Whale Sharks in 2009 at the same time giving 21km runners their first Skyway run experience, the 2 consecutive years of embracing the cause of helping save the dolphin sanctuary and upping the racing challenge by adding the full marathon race category in 2010 and 2011 and this year’s (2012) cause to raise funds for the reforestation of the Mangroves in Zamboanga de Sibugay, next year, as the sixth year, will still be a continuing effort to encourage runners to run not only for themselves but for others as well!
Here are five enticing reasons why participating in the Condura Skyway Marathon 2013 will be a worthwhile endeavor not only for the runner but for others as well:
1. RUN FOR FREE. Buy a pair of Asics running shoes and register in any race distance for FREE! (Terms & Conditions apply. Participating Asics outlets : Greenbelt 3, Solenad Nuvali and Zalora.com)
2. RUN NEW DISTANCES. Introducing the 6k and 3.8k race distances for the adventurous fun runners!
3. GET A QUICK DRY SHIRT DESIGNED BY TEAM MANILA. All registered runners get a cool “I RAN FOR THE MANGROVES” top; while 42k runners get an exclusive “I CONQUERED THE SKYWAY” finishers shirt.
4. RUN AND GET A COOL MEDAL. Whether you are a newbie or a seasoned runner, completing your chosen distance makes you an absolute winner in our book. You deserve a medal whichever distance you finish!
5. RUN for MORE CAUSES! Plant 3 trees under your name and help build a mangroves forest in Zamboanga de Sibugay. A total of 39,000 seedlings have already been planted in Kabasalan Town in 2012 through runners donation.
Aside from the 3 mangroves each runner is donating, they can raise pledges for any or all of the charities Condura Skyway marathon is supporting in 2013 namely: Hero Foundation, Bike for the Philippines, I CAN Serve Foundation and A Liter of Light.
There are two ways a runner can be able to raise pledges: (1) Distance Challenge – P50 pesos for every KM; (2) Time Bonus – P500 for hitting time target
And of course, here are the very important race details:
CONDURA SKYWAY MARATHON 2013
February 3, 2013
Filinvest City, Alabang, Muntinlupa City
REGISTRATION PERIOD: 15 November to 23 December 2012
Asics Registration in Greenbelt 3
Ayala Center, Makati
International participants can pick up their race kits at
Crimson Hotel from Jan 31 – Feb 2, 2013
RACE FEES AND INCLUSIONS:
42KM RECOVERY ZONE FEATURES:
- Cornetto Ice Cream
- Medal Redemption
- Exclusive Portalets
RACE START AND FINISH MAP:
3.8KM TURN-AROUND POINT:
10KM TURN-AROUND POINT:
RACE ROUTE MAPS:
3.8km/6km/10km ROUTE MAP
21km ROUTE MAP
42km ROUTE MAP
Filed under: Race, running | Tagged: condura, condura 2013, condura free race kits, condura skyway marathon, condura skyway marathon 2013, condura skyway marathon 2013 run for the mangroves, condura skyway marathon run for the mangroves, condura skyway marathon run for the mangroves 2013, run for the mangroves, run for the mangroves 2013 | 4 Comments »