Today marks the first day of the Nike We Run Manila 10k Race Pack Collection at the Bonifacio High Street – area in front of Nike Park. Nike and RunRio, I can tell you off-hand, really prepared hard for this as if this is a race event on its own.
The claiming counters were numbered accordingly from 1 to 11 and another two (2) booths were dedicated for Customer Services and a separate booth for the VIPs making available a total of 14 booths to serve runners its various race collection needs/concerns.
But then again since this is Nike, there were a surge of registered runners who went to claim their race packs. Would you believe that the queue even went as far as the side of the Nike Park store? It did! And I even saw runners who went there to claim 5 packs up to even 20 packs! Since I went there to see how they are doing (it was office breaktime!) I ended suiting-up and helping my beloved RunRio friends.
And so now it can be told — Yes, I was that woman who was shouting her lungs out confirming to all runners who are in queue if they have incomplete collection requirements, have other concerns or are VIP registrants.
If you are yet to go to BHS to claim your Nike We Run Manila 10k Race Pack, here are some friendly tips that will come in handy:
1. If you are a VIP registrant i.e., you registered via the VIP registration site or you registered for free (complimentary or you won via the Mash Dash promo of Nike) you will need to advise the ushers since you will need not line up together with the regular claimants. You will be directed straight to the VIP counter.
2. Do not forget to bring your CONFIRMATION SLIP and your valid ID. If you lost it, you will need to queue for the Customer Service counter. Please do advise the usher about this.
3. If you are claiming someone else’s pack, please make sure you have the following:
- Letter of Authorization (any form of authorization is acceptable so long as it is signed by the race pack owner)
- Confirmation Slip of the Race Pack Owner
- A copy of his/her valid ID (a photocopy is acceptable)
4. If you need to have your shirt size changed, queue will have to be for the Customer Service also.
5. No problems and will just need a fuzz-free claiming? Your queue will have to be for the regular counters from 1 to 11.
- Runner’s Lounge wherein you can loaf around, sit and linger for a moment to chat with friends, listen to music, etc.
- Retail Area – where you can purchase Nike items
- Nike Foot Analysis – shoe experts will be available to help you analyze your foot type
- Nike Photo Wall – where you can take souvenir photos – even with Coach Rio!
- Nike+ Membership Lane – sign-up and be given a Nike+ wrist tag which you can wear during race day and enjoy the ff. perks:
- Priority entry to race start pen
- Priority queues at Baggage and Massage area
- Entry to Nike+ Members Lounge at Race Village on race day with breakfast spread provided
So there, hopefully we’ll see you all there until the 13th! More importantly, let the countdown begin for the NIKE WE RUN MANILA 10K on Saturday, October 15!
*NOTE: When I came back after office last night, two additional lanes where added to be able to accomodate more registrants at a time.
Filed under: announcement, Race, running | Tagged: manila running 2011, manila running 2011 race pack collection, nike 10k race, nike 10k race pack collection, nike race, nike race pack collection, nike run, nike run 10k, nike run 10k race pack collection, nike run 2011, nike run 2011 race pack collection, nike run race pack collection, nike we run, nike we run city 10k, nike we run city 10k race pack collection, nike we run manila 10k, nike we run manila 10k race pack collection, nike we run race pack collection, philippines running races manila, philippines running races manila race pack collections, run races manila 2011, run races manila 2011 race pack collections | 2 Comments »