Second Wind, that dream running store for runners by runners, have already gone a long way. You see, from that first cozy little store along Maginhawa St. at Teacher’s Village in Q.C., a bigger and improved second store is now open to serve runners – wannabes, newbies and elites alike.
running from store 1 to store 2
Store No. 2 had its grand opening yesterday which was started with a “ceremonial run” from the first store up to the new one and was participated in by Second Wind owners and Pinoy Ultra Runners and Triathletes and their runner friends. The “grand unveiling” was capped by a delicious breakfast shared with everyone present and oh, there was even a special pick-a-prize (which I unfortunately lost, bummer! lol!) wherein lucky runners got the chance to score nice tokens/prizes.
The Second Wind Ortigas Branch...
... is now OPEN!
and in we go
We were lucky to have been invited to attend the opening and based on my observation, the following are some of the reasons why this is a store that is worth the visit:
1. It is bigger and better. From the first store which can’t fit ten people at a time, this second store can and mind you, not just ten, huh!
2. It has more stocks, meaning more shopping options!
3. It is very near the ULTRA, so for those of you who like me usually run/train at the ULTRA, going to the store can even be your warm-down run or walk.
4. It’s conveniently located along the Ortigas Center area, particularly at the Ortigas Home Depot, making it easier to find and travel to.
5. Parking is not a problem since the Ortigas Home Depot Area provides ample space for parking best of all, it’s FREE.
6. It is directly infront of the “Seafood Paluto” restaurants of the Ortigas Home Depot and a whole lot of other dining options. Hmm, I have to mentally take note of the Bread Bag store which sells pugon baked bread (Hector says its sarap! takaw ko ‘no?)
7. A number of good running routes can be found along the area and in fact the store has available map of these routes for everyone to check out and try.
8. As in the first store, runners are welcome to stay and hang out. One can choose to hang out inside and even outside, take your pick. Space here is not a problem.
9. All Terra, the bike shop will be opening beside the store in a few weeks, making it a one-stop area for runners who are also into biking.
10. Don’t you just love going to running stores for no special reason?
THE Jeremy at the counter
jay makes for a good endorser, yes?
Jaymie (Thebullrunner.com) checks out the products
the stairs leading to the second floor which houses the meeting/stock room
the running route maps
the runners' wall
Now folks, take your pick from two Second Wind Stores to visit:
SECOND WIND ORTIGAS BRANCH:
Unit 03A, Ortigas Home Depot, Dona Julia Vargas Ave., Pasig City
Telephone number 914-02-83
SECOND WIND QC BRANCH:
88 Maginhawa St.Teachers Village, QC
Telephone number 799-20-89
Best wishes and congratulations to the people behind Second Wind Running Store. Here’s to more Second Winds in the future!
Click HERE to view more store opening pix.
Filed under: running, special | Tagged: ortigas home depot, Second Wind, second wind ortigas branch, second wind store no. 2 | Leave a Comment »