The biggest marathon in the country, the Summit Water CamSur Marathon 2011 will be opening its registration centers on Wednesday, June 1, 2011. The race is scheduled to happen on September 25, 2011 at the CamSur Watersports Complex, Camarines Sur. Apart from the basic details that you can find below, here are some of the new and exciting facts about this year’s race event:
1) The event’s race route/course is an IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federation) certified race course
2) The race is an AIMS (Association of International Marathons and Distance Races) accredited race, therefore it is a qualifier to all AIMS races (including the prestigous Boston Marathon!) assuming that the runner is within the minimum time required of that particular marathon
3) Targets 20,000 runners as its participants
4) For each registered runner, CamSur Gov. LRay Villafuerte will plant 10 trees!
5) This is probably the race that gives the biggest prize money (see details below)
6) This race will be brought to us by the tandem of Event King (over–all organization) and Runrio, Inc. (technical organization).
Excited already? Here folks are the basic race details:
SUMMIT WATER CAMSUR MARATHON 2011
September 25, 2011
CamSur Watersports Complex, CamSur
3km/5km/10km/21km Local/21km Foreign/42Km Local/42km Foreign
Registration Opens: June 1, 2011
Registration Sites: ROX, RunnR, CamSur, Online at http://www.camsurmarathon.com
*All registrants will get a singlet as part of the registration.
*Only 10km, 21km and 42km will have D-Tags.
Train and prepare well for this race everyone! 🙂
Filed under: Race, running | Tagged: camsur marathon, camsur marathon 2011, camsur marathon cwc, camsur marathon cwc 2011, camsur watersports complex, cwc, summit water camsur marathon, summit water camsur marathon 2011 | 10 Comments »