Earlier tonight, I together with a number of running bloggers, lifestyle bloggers and members of the media were treated to a Blue Water Spa experience as we attended the posh press conference for the upcoming running event, the Team Woman Run 2010 by Lactacyd. Let me just note that it was witty of the organizers to have scheduled the presscon at a Spa with a relaxed ambience. Ha, even the guys had their moment of pampering there as everyone of us were treated with a Foot Reflex/Spa service. It was great, really! 😉
that's me together with Rene, the jazzrunner at the center and Raymund, the rainman at the leftmost. happy much with the pampering 😉
atty raymund and other presscon guests, chilling! 😉
Aside from the spa pampering, presscon attendees were treated to Nature Valley granola bars, Dole Apple slices and 100 Plus Isotonic drink. Oh and I should also mention there’s cocktail table filled with delicious canapes outside the Spa’s theater area. You should have seen how this pregnant woman so enjoyed the treats that are so oh-preggy friendly.
the FAT LADY flanked by Princess of Event King (L) and Mariel, the pink sole of The Solemates blog (R)
For the main activity, we were presented with a video of the Lactacyd’s Team Woman composed of Leica, Amanda and Chesca Carpo and Bea Locsin. They were also physically present and were there to talk about the forthcoming race and answer varied questions during the open forum.
Team Woman members Leica, Amanda and Bea together with Sanofi-Aventis executives and Kaye Lopez of Runrio
This race event is altogether different for two distinct reasons: (1) the race is strictly for women only and (2) it features a 21k team relay run as one of two race categories, the other one being the 5k individual run. Thoughts of my first all-women team relay race came to mind the moment I heard of this. I know that this will be unforgetable and will entirely be a different experience to the participants. That’s how I felt in 2006 when I was part of the Gold’s Gym Team for the Women in Sports Relay Race. With that experience, I can surely say that this race is something all running women should look forward to.
So enough of the talk, let me now share to you the pertinent race information:
Team Woman Run 2010
TEAM WOMAN RUN 2010 by LACTACYD
June 27, 2010
Venice Piazza Mall, McKinley Hill
Upper McKinley Road,Taguig City
1. RACE CATEGORIES
– 21k Woman Team Run
– 5k Individual Run
2. RACE CATEGORY DETAILS
A. 21k Woman Team Run
– Open to all-women teams
– Each team must be composed of three to four women and will run a combined distance of 21km relay in the following order:
• First Runner – 10km
• Second Runner – 5km
• Third Runner – 3km
• First Runner or Fourth Runner – 3km
B. 5k Individual Team Run
– Open to all women and girls of all ages
3. REGISTRATION PERIOD
– ONLINE Registration runs from May 15, 2010 to June 20, 2010. Major credit cards accepted for online registration.
– CASH Registration runs from May 15, 2010 to June 24, 2010
4. REGISTRATION CENTERS
A. ONLINE Registration
– Register at www.teamwomanrun.com (for payment of registration via credit card)
B. CASH Registration:
– Timex SM Mall of Asia
– Timex SM Southmall
– Timex Trinoma
– RUNNR, Bonifacio High Street, The Fort
5. REGISTRATION/ENTRY FEES
A. 21k Woman Team Run
– Standard Entry Fee: P 1,500 for ONLINE and CASH REGISTRATIONS
– Discounted Fee: P 1,000 for registrants with 2 bottles of Woman by Lactacyd 200mL.
B. 5k Individual Run
– Standard Entry Fee: P 600 for ONLINE and CASH REGISTRATIONS
– Discounted Fee: P 450 for registrants with 1 bottle of Woman by Lactacyd 200mL.
– Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable
– Discounted fees are applicable for CASH Registration only
– Courier charges for race kits for those who register online will be shouldered by the registrant
6. RACE KIT
– Each race kit will include race bibs + singlets depending on the number of team members.
– There will be no guaranteed sizes or singlets for late registrants.
7. RACE SCHEDULE:
race call times
– On race day, teams must check in as a team. Each team member will then proceed to the assembly area of the distance she is running and must wait until the team mate has arrived before running.
OTHER RACE FEATURES:
8. RUNNING CLINICS
– Clinics will be conducted by the Team Woman endorsers; Bea Locsin, Leica Carpo, Checa Carpo and Amanda Carpo.
May 30 – Beginner
June 6 – Intermediate
June 13 – Beginner
– Clinics start at 4 pm at The Venice Piazza Mall, Mckinley Hill.
9. BEST IN COSTUME AWARD
– All participants must wear the Team Woman Singlet provided in the race kit.
– Teams who wish to wear special outfits may use head gear, arm accessories and other decorations on their running outfits, together with the singlet.
– Best in Costume award will be judged using this criteria:
Originality – 25%
Creativity – 25%
Use of Team Woman Singlet – 25%
Over-all impact – 25%
Total – 100%
Prizes for winners
– For questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. RULES AND REGULATIONS
– Participants below 18 years old must have their entry form signed by parent or guardian
– Race Bib Numbers must be worn at all times during the race. Bib numbers must be pinned in-front of your running shirt
– All protests related to results must be made in writing and submitted to race organizer after the official announcement of winners.
– The organizer’s decision is final.
13. WATER AND FIRST AID STATIONS
– Drinking water will be provided at the finish line and at every 2.5km after the first 5km. – Medical aid will be available at certain points along the way and at the finish line.
14. TOILET AREA
– Toilet cubicles will be available at the site during the race.
15. PARKING AREA
– All participants and other spectators are required to park their vehicles at the allocated parking area.
16. BAGGAGE AREA
– Baggage deposit service is available near the stage from 4:30 am to 9:00 am
Route Maps (3k/5k/10k) – http://www.teamwomanrun.com/race-course-maps.pdf
Individual Registration – http://teamwomanrun.com/individual/
Team Registration – http://teamwomanrun.com/relay/
Free Running Clinic Registration – http://teamwomanrun.com/clinic/
18. PRESS RELEASE
Woman Team Run
What better way to celebrate a woman’s strength than with an all-woman run?
Gather together your sisters and friends to form a team of three or four individuals, and be part of this year’s Woman Team Run. Woman Team Run is an all-woman team relay. This exciting event will be held on June 27, 2010 at the Venice Pizza Mall, McKinley Hill.
Each team will run a combined distance of 21K. The first runner will run a distance of 10K, the second runner will run 5K, the third runner will run 3K, and the fourth (or first) runner will run another 3K. There will also be a 5K individual run category.
Of course, it is a given that women love to be fashionable. A Best in Costume Award will be awarded to the team who adds the most flair to their running outfits. Criteria will be made up of originality, creativity, use of Team Woman singlet, and overall impact.
A lot of things are expected of today’s woman. Woman by Lactacyd understands the needs of a woman with an active lifestyle. As its tagline goes, only Woman Knows a Woman, made to keep up with you.
At the end of the race, a team composed entirely of women will be chosen to become ambassadors of Woman by Lactacyd. Currently, Leica Carpo, Amanda Carpo, Chesca Carpo and Bea Locsin are the strong, athletic women who wave Woman by Lactacyd’s flag. These veteran runners will hold free running clinics on May 30, June 6 and June 13.
Woman Team run participants will enjoy lots of fun giveaways. The first 100 teams to complete the relay will each receive free pouches from Beauty Bar and gift certificates worth P75 from David’s Salon.
Team registration fee is P1,500, inclusive of a limited edition Team Woman by Lactacyd singlet for all team members. Avail of a discounted registration fee of just P1,000 by submitting two 200mL bottles of Woman by Lactacyd and proof of purchase (receipt). Registration fee for the individual run category is P600. Avail of a discounted fee of only P450 with proof of purchase.
Register online at www.teamwomanrun.com from May 15 to June 20, 2010. Major credit cards are accepted for online registration. For cash registration, visit TIMEX in SM Mall of Asia, SM Southmall and SM North Edsa, or at RUNNR in Bonifacio High Street. Cash registration runs from May 15 to June 24, 2010.
Team Woman Run is brought to you by Woman by Lactacyd. Sponsors for this event are 100 plus, Alaska Slim, Beauty Bar, Blue Water Day Spa, David’s Salon, Dole, Nature Valley, Summit Mineral Water, Timex and Wilson Standard Everlast. Media partners for this event are Multisport, Runnerspeak, and Women’s Health. Special thanks to registration partner Runnr and venue partner The Venice Piazza Hall at McKinley Hill. This event is organized by Eventking Corp.
For more information, email email@example.com.
19. THE BLUE WATER DAY SPA
The presscon venue was the Blue Water Day Spa, Ortigas Branch. It is said to be the only branch which has a theater, whcih makes it perfect for functions such as presscons, launches and yes PARTIES! I truly appreciated having a massage for my tired and very pregnant feet. And yep, I really did ask the friendly staff for a list of their services because I really do plan to come back after I have given birth already.
For those of you who are interested in visiting the said spa, you can check them out via their website http://www.bluewaterdayspa.com/.
Super thanks to dear friends Princess of Event King and to Kaye of RunRio for the invite. 😉
Filed under: announcement, launch, press release, Race, running | Tagged: 21k all woman relay run, 21k team woman run, all woman 21k relay run, all-woman relay team run, all-woman team run, blue water day spa, event king, lactacy 21k relay run, lactacyd all woman fun run, lactacyd all woman team relay race, lactacyd race, lactacyd run, lactacyd team woman run, lactacyd woman fun, lactacyd woman relay team run, runrio, team woman run 2010, team woman run 2010 by lactacyd | Leave a comment »