Hello folks! As the year 2010 winds down to a close, I would like to thank all of you for being a part of my year. Many new things have been brought to me this year – a new baby, new friends and new challenges and more!
But then again, I will also have to say that for this 2010, I have been miserably “below quota” when it comes to physical fitness. I have been remiss in my running training, have had very few race participation and have zero mileage when it comes to bike rides. Which reminds me that I really need to reassess and plan more effectively my 2011 fitness goals. And of course, choose wisely from the 2011 races the ones I will be signing-up for.
Hmmm, it won’t be too hard to do right? Noooooo, in fact I think it will be! With the information I have been getting, it will be a challenge to come up with a concise list of events I will be participating in. Here is a teaser of what is in-store for us in the year 2011:
A. Events that you already know:
– XTERRA Pang-Rave Run (Tagaytay Midlands), January 30
– Condura Skyway Marathon 2011 (Metro Manila), February 6
– XTERRA Triathlon (Liloan, Cebu), March 6
– In-Motion Road Xtrail Series, January 15 (Running), January 16 (Duathlon), February 1 (Cycling)
– TBR Dream Marathon 2, March 20
– Takbo.ph Runfest
B. Sneak Peeks:
– Runrio Trilogy 2011 (with Unilab races as the two legs)
– a FREE running clinic in preparation for one of the races in the 2011 calendar
– 26 races in the calendar of only one race organizer, 7 races for another race director (gosh and that is just for two organizers only!)
– Rexona Run 2011
– NatGeo Earth Day Run 2011
– Globe Run for Home 2011 in March
– CAMSUR Marathon 2011 in September: this race will be an AIMS (Association of International Marathons)-certified race and thus is a valid Boston Marathon qualifier!
– A Nike Race in October 2011 that will definitely feature a race distance longer than a 5k
– A new and improved Adidas King of the Road 2011 with a NEW ORGANIZER and a NEW VENUE/ROUTE to boot!
– A night run organized by one of the biggest running groups with a venue at the South!
– Corregidor International Half-Marathon on the third week of December 2011
– A FREE RACE (yes folks! no registration fees!) wherein only 300 qualified runners will be chosen and will generously recognize only the “last man running”! This will happen on February 20, 2011.
Hah! Seems a lot, eh? Check back in the coming days as more details of these events become available. I will be updating my 2011 calendar of events soon too! 😉
For now, let us just enjoy the holidays. Eat and drink and be merry. After all, there are a lot of chances for us to get rid of whatever results the holiday bingeing will bring to us immediately after.
And as I brace for the coming 2011, join me in uttering a prayerful thanks for this year that will almost pass and for the year to come. Happy New Year everyone!